October 14, 2019

One Year Blogging


If you will indulge this self-congratulatory post with me, I’d like to mark a personal milestone in the discipline of blogging. Because as of yesterday, I have now blogged regularly for 12 straight months! I stuck with it and pushed through writing slumps and periods of doubt. So, what’s next?

To Blog


Being consistent is not my greatest strength. And blogging is optional. So of all the blogs I’ve started over the years, each endeavor to write my passions has flamed out in short time.

Like many bloggers, when I’ve had a blog go defunct, I’d dust it off and return with a feeble Note of Hiatus, trying to pick up where I left off. And that usually didn’t last too long.

But I always return to my love of crafting words on the web, sharing and connecting with fellow thinkers and writers with common interests and experiences. Sometimes the only same trait has been blogging itself, which is enough.

Because of the steady tendency to blog, when I returned again last Fall, I purposed in myself to stick with it. And I meant it. So I lowered the bar on blogging to make it as easy as possible.

With my renewed resolve and maximum chance of success, the clock started over October 13, 2018 with my Return To Blogging post. In that post I noted three changes I was making to avoid yet another break in blogging. Of those three, only one has remained in effect!

Foreblogging


Now that I’ve actually made my goal of blogging for one year solid, where do I go from here? To be honest, my next goal was simply to continue through December 31 so I could then have accomplished the ‘cleaner’ stint of One Calendar Year of Blogging.

After that: inertia! I will keep on keepin’ on with the blog. And as usual, I will probably change the design theme and make some new mini-goals to keep things fresh. I don’t wanna get bored and bogged down. Yet since I’ve made a habit of publishing my ponderings online, my mind’s muscle memory is developed. That helps me stick with it.

So raise a glass of your fave fluid with me! Here’s to another year of blogging!