October 1, 2019

About That Blogtober Thing


Okay. So there’s this thing called Blogtober. It helps bloggers push to have a post every. Single. Day. But I don’t plan to do that this year.

Get Your Write On


I like the idea of practicing discipline and exercising creativity to boost your blogging bits. But I also like downtime and rest, which are critical to those creative brain juices.

Also, there’s this little 50,000 word thing right around the corner. In November, I might, maybe, am thinking about attempting NaNoWriMo!

So to be kinda realistic, I’m thinking that I shouldn’t write everyday for Blogtober and then turn around without a pause and write a novella in November. I mean, that’s a lot of words.

But then again, it’s all write. Okay, not the best pun.

What if for October, I blogged 1,000-word posts every day? Could I submit those 31,000 words to NaNoWriMo as a sort of memoir? You know, two birds, one stone?

Typing Test


For now, I plan to blog as usual. And I might pre-plan a plot so I can take a stab at writing a story in November. If I shoot for 50,000 words, I should get like 20,000 at least. But if I don’t shoot for anything, I’m sure to accomplish nothing.