August 7, 2022

Making The Most Of My Mac

I haven’t posted in over a week…my focus has been elsewhere lately. House projects, work, and more. Oh, and I started disrupting updating my productivity workflow. That wasn’t on my calendar, but it was one of those “to-dos” that finally got pushed to the forefront. Part of the reason why is due to learning how to use my Mac to its full potential. And that’s thanks to a great YouTube channel I discovered not long ago: MacMost.

MacMost is an online Mac tutorial series — very well done — by Gary Rosenzweig. There’s a website, YouTube channel, newsletter, and more. My favorite are the YouTube videos.

When I first discovered them, I was struck by how informative they were. Both the actual how-to content and the way it is presented are clear and concise. Some videos are a few minutes long, while others average around ten minutes. This makes them quick and easy to digest.

The plethora of videos is also surprising; one might not think there is that much to say about “how to Mac.” But once you start watching MacMost tutorials, you quickly realize there’s a lot to learn. So the tutorials are rich with relevant and handy info. What’s more, videos are organized by category into playlists. For example, I plan to dive into the playlist of Pages to learn more about Apple’s office document app.

At first, I thought I’d watch some MacMost videos, learn a few key things, finish, and move on. But after a few months of dipping my toes in the YouTube channel, something else happened.

I was enjoying and appreciating the tutorials, being drawn to watch more of them and gaining a better grasp of my MacBook Air’s system and apps. I even learned more about general topics like Cloud Sync/Storage versus File Backup. Very little how-to content, if any, is ever repeated. The few times this happens, it’s from a different angle or in a different context, which expands and reinforces learning.

So because of all this, I finally decided to happily join the MacMost Patreon campaign to support the YouTube channel beyond comments, likes, and subscribing. It also keeps the MacMost website ad-free (something I truly appreciate as I’ve always kept my blog likewise). And it gives me access to certain MacMost posts and keeps Gary’s newsletter available.

This is one of those times when the openness of web publishing for creators and consumers comes together in a simple, direct, and helpful way. It’s nice to find someone with skill and talent using their time and ability to make things that help others. So I’m glad to help a creator by being a direct supporter.

Call to Action


Of course, if you use a Mac, do yourself a favor and watch Gary’s MacMost tutorials to get the most out of your Mac.

Will you give MacMost a try? Have you found other great Mac tutorials? Can you recommend great tutorials for Windows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing.