June 27, 2022

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Preview

Nintendo’s recent Direct, a 24 minute bonanza of flashy gameplay and polished cutscenes, aptly hyped an epic RPG that’s set to release next month. I was already happy to plunk down the coin for this upcoming title. Yet now the anticipation is overflowing for Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

I mentioned the game earlier this year when I finally got my first copy of the original Xenoblade Chronicles…well, the re-released Definitive Edition for Switch. I know, I know…how have I never played this renowned RPG? I could explain…but suffice to say I plan to fix that. Soon! The only series title I’ve played is Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U. And facepalm…I didn’t finish it…yet…

Now that I’m hyped for XC3, there’s a timing issue. I should first play XC1, a long RPG itself. Ah, but here’s the rub: I’m currently playing through Pokémon Legends Arceus and plan to jump back to Octopath Traveler and Bravely Default II soon after to finish those two awesome games.

It’s the typical conundrum: so many RPGs, so little time. And yes, it’s a great problem to have.

Will the hype of XC3 overtake me, pushing the new game to the forefront? Might it catapult itself from wishlist to backlog to can’t-pry-the-controller-from-my-hands?

As if the base game wasn’t enough by itself, there’s also an Expansion Pass full of extra content, in multiple waves, planned for release. Also, if you’re lucky, you can score a Special Edition of the game.

Life: pause; game: play. If only it were so easy.

Will you be playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on launch day or will you backlog it? Or would you rather read a good book, watch a movie, or escape screens altogether and go outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing.