March 24, 2021

Big Things Are Happening

Hey, blog friends. This post is an update on personal things of late because, let me tell you, it’s been a wild time. So pardon this one for not being a usual topic. But hey, it’s still a personal blog called, Jason Journals, so here we go.

Furloughed and Hired


Let’s jump right into the big news. I lost my job almost two weeks ago. It was a shocker; that day won’t soon be forgotten. The situation, though, isn’t simple. The complications make it worse. I’ve been in limbo, unsure what to do, and unable to make firm decisions about the future. My whole company was furloughed while it approaches bankruptcy. I won’t disclose details, of course. But I can say they were changing daily as new info surfaced. That’s what they call a fluid situation, which requires much flexibility. So, yeah, it really stretched me.

That said, there’s also good news about this. I have been hired by a new company as of yesterday! Basically, I’m getting my job back, but it will be under a different employer. Like I mentioned, it’s a bit complicated. The hiring process, as of this writing, is ongoing. The current phase is on-boarding, so I’ve felt much relief in the past 24 hours.

Enrolled in School


Concurrent with the above turmoil, and that’s no exaggeration, I’ve been implementing a back-up plan. So here’s the other big news: I enrolled in an online school to get a Real Estate License. I paid for it and am half-way through the first course. It’s a very big undertaking that will take around 6 months to complete. I dove into the deep end head first and am already swimming laps. Let’s hope I don’t drown. My brain started to melt a few times from all the new info. I poured more coffees.

Hired to Write


Finally, the last big news is this. I was hired to write for an online publication last week! I won’t announce which one at this time because I’m still the new guy, and consider myself under some kind of temporary probation period. The position is voluntary, so I don’t get paid. Now before you say anything, yeah, it might seem weird to accept a position in which I don’t make money after I just lost my income. But I love doing the work and am loving my new online family of team members. I can’t wait to gush about it more, but for now I’m just trying not to mess up a great thing. I still feel lucky.

So, given all the above, I can say I’ve experienced some stress lately. But I seem to be managing it well enough. My family and I are doing fine on a reduced budget and are able to weather this stormy season. And I’m serious about the commitments I’ve made.

Anyways, that’s what’s up. When the dust settles, and I’ve figured out how to adjust to all the new changes, which are still in flux as I write this, then I’ll resume more regular blog posts. In the past few years, this blog has acted like an anchor for me. It disciplines me to keep focused and keep writing amidst all of life’s ebb and flow.

It’s like a journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing.