October 10, 2020

Ready For Ready Player Two

This is interesting. Over the Summer, I read many books – ‘twas a season of readin’. Then I turned to role playing video games for stories – gaming! Now these two forms of escapism are coming together in another way: Ready Player Two.

A new book by Ernest Cline releases in just a few weeks, on November 24, 2020. Ready Player Two is a sequel to Ready Player One, which spawned a movie that, somehow, I’ve yet to watch.

In case you missed it, the story in book one is heavy on video gaming, virtual reality, and 1980’s nostalgia. Fun, sci-fi, action…what’s not to like?

The big question in anticipation is, will book two be as good as the first?

If nothing else, it’s solid escapism to look forward to. We’ll wait and see. I have already pre-ordered my kindle copy and will likely post a review here, on goodreads, and Amazon.

With the holiday season kicking off next month, I think this new fun book will be a great start! Check out Ready Player Two on goodreads. Some put it in the genre LitRPG. Like, a role-playing game…in a book?! NICE!

I must say, how can I not be a fan of the author? He’s a full-time geek, and he lives in my state of Texas. From his bio on goodreads,

“Ernie lives in Austin, Texas, with his family, a time-traveling DeLorean, and a large collection of classic video games.”
-goodreads

Are there any other books coming out soon that you’re looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing.