January 25, 2020

Time For Gaming And Blogging


Hey blogmates, what’s up? It’s been a busy January for me. Indeed, time is flying by fast! Only 334 days ‘till Christmas! But there’s a few things I’ve got going on before that happens. 

Gaming


When not working all day, (and trying to avoid the flu that’s going around), I’ve been loving the escapism of video gaming on my new Nintendo Switch! It’s one part nostalgia, one part pure fun. I guess you could say I was somewhat of a gamer in my youth (Atari, NES, Super NES, N64), but once adulting was the game, I had to put down the controller. Yet now that I have youths of my own who have moved beyond the toddler years, I’m sort of re-living my childhood with them.

Anyways, the machines we run are: Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 2DS. I finished (finally) Twilight Princess HD. Then I finished Pokemon Sword (the story part); I have Zacian! Now that I’m not bouncing between those two games, I’m flip-floppin’ with Octopath Traveler and Yonder. Both these games are fantastic and warrant their own blog posts…if I have time to take. Suffice to say, with the Switch, this is like another Golden Age of gaming, at least for me!

Blogging


I feel kinda bad that I’ve neglected my blog the last few months, starting in November when I diverted all my writing-time to authoring a Novella (which I didn’t finish). But this blog seems like a part of me; I certainly am not giving it up. I would like to put a little more time towards fresh new blog posts about my fave topics like technology. Oh, but there are a lot of books I need and want to read too!! This year is a busy one, for sure.

(Photo by Marvin Meyer on Unsplash)