October 6, 2017

The Anxious Summer Of 2017

After a long hiatus, I’m dusting off the Jason Journals site. Blogging is something you’re supposed to do consistently if you want regular readers. Well I might say I’m consistently inconsistent. But my absence from the blog over the summer has been due to more than my usual on-and-off interest in the blog-o-sphere.

I’ve had a lot of things going on this year – big changes – which brought a lot of stress! And then in May, I started having anxiety attacks. The short story is I’ve been wrestling with anxiety off and on for about the past 5 months.

Even though I’m not out of the woods yet, I seem to be better. So I’d like to get back to blogging since it’s something I enjoy. I might blog about my journey with anxiety, but I’m not sure I’m ready to do that.

Personally, I have found private journaling to be helpful in processing the challenges that I have faced. Stepping back and observing my anxieties objectively through the tool of writing seems kind of therapeutic.

Publicly, if I journal some of my thoughts concerning “excessive concern” here on Jason Journals, then maybe whoever reads my blog will be able to relate and be helped somehow.

I know there are many people who suffer from anxiety; I never thought I’d be one of them. But soon after my initial anxiety attacks, I found myself suddenly being very empathetic toward those who, like me, have wrestled with debilitating anxiety.

So I guess I’ll see how it goes for now. Thankfully, I do have other things on my mind besides anxious thoughts that I’d like to write about. I’ll try not to worry or stress over it!

(Originally published at Jason Journals on WordPress by Jason McFadden.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing.